The best day is new equipment day 🙂
We are continuing to invest in our test capabilities. As such, the Unit 3 Compliance EMC test laboratory has just acquired a Schaffner (Teseq) NSG 5500 automotive surge/EFT test generator.
The NSG 5500 will generate the ISO pulses 1, 2a, 3a and 3b, along with the Load Dump and Clamped Load Dump pulses 5a and 5b.
This gives us the capability to support your automotive product development to these standards:
- EN 50498:2010 – Aftermarket electronics for vehicles – full testing for CE marking
- CISPR 25 for non Immunity Related Function EUTs
- UNECE R10.06 (pre-compliance)
- ISO 13766-1:2018 Earth Moving Machinery (pre-compliance)
- ISO 7637-2:2011 automotive conducted transients
- ISO 16750-2:2012 automotive electrical loads (part)
Timing is a curious thing. Like two buses arriving simultaneously after a long wait I find things tend to cluster up. This acquisition occurred not long after publishing this blog post on how to test to the automotive standards without an automotive surge generator.